Monday, April 7, 2008
Today's Theme "One Thousand (1000)" can really mean so many things. It can mean money, number of objects, number of a house, number of a street. You can go on and on without end. Here's my share for this theme
- 1000 (one thousand) is the natural number following 999 and preceding 1001. The letter A does not appear in the English spelling of any positive integer lower than "one thousand".
- In mathematics, the decimal representation for one thousand is: 1,000 — a one followed by three zeroes, in the general notation ; 1 × 103 — in engineering notation, which for this number coincides with ; 1 × 103 exactly — in scientific normalized exponential notation ;
- In time, a millennium has 1000 years. The year 1000 is the last year of the first millennium AD.
- In popular culture - In art, 1000 paintings has been a popular internet art project by Swiss artist Sala. In music, Thousand is a 1993 techno single by Moby.
- A grand is a slang term in English for one thousand units of a given currency. Several grand can be shortened to G's.