t Cheer Up
Photobucket

Friday, October 9, 2009

The Day My Body Clock Stopped



For once in my life, my body clock stopped. On July, 2009, a high school classmate of mine, Marilou Locsin- Castro texted me if I would like to join them in celebratng our High School Homecoming on October 3. We will be celebrating our 40th year (Ruby) and we were one of the hosts of this year's event together with the silver and golden. 1969 was the year I graduated from high school. From then on, except for maybe 2 or 3 high school classmates, I have never seen the rest of them. I thought of it not only a hundred times but indeed a thousand times if I should say yes to the invitation. Will it be worth it? How would I feel in going back? How would my classmates whom I practically grew up with, accept me after 40 years? These were few of the questions that kept me from deciding yes. After so many thoughts, I decided to give it a try. In a few weeks time, I booked myself for October 1 with a return ticket for October 4 making my stay 4 days and 3 nights. Accommodations was offered by Marilou.
October 1st came. From the time I boarded the plane and stepped foot on the land of my birth, my body clock stopped. It seemed as if I was in another world. Everything changed. 7 of my classmates (Vicky, charet, azucena (who came from the U.S.) Marilou, Arsenia, Jasmine, Odette, came to pick me up from the airport. Right from the airport, we went straight to a classmate's farm where the rest of my classmates were there waiting. I immediately felt the warmth and sincerity of their welcome and everything that had been haunting my mind just all disappeared.
For once in my life, I had forgotten about house chores. As I had said my body clock stopped and indeed it stopped. It was fun time and I didn't care less if I had to go back home with chores left undone. I didn't care that my hubby was left all alone to cook for himself, clean house by himself. For once in my life, I thought of myself. It was just I, Me and Myself. Putting selfishness aside, it felt so nice to just feel only about yourself and not for anyone else. Sad it had to end on the 4th day. However, that is life. At least I didn't regret my going. My classmates really were so nice. 40 years passed and they were all still the same friends I knew from Kinder to High School.
To them, my heartfelt gratitude for the welcome that was full of warmth. For making my stay worth it.
To add to this, I would like to express my sincerest thanks to Marilou and hubby, Bert who was so accommodating. I will miss our smoking session. Like me, he is an early riser and in this wee hour of the morning, we drink a cup of coffee and smoke ourselves to death....ha!ha!ha!.
To Vicky, I would like to take my hat off to her endless energy. Driving us around, bringing us to all the pasalubong stores, driving us to our class adviser, Mrs. Linda Ledesma, our class adviser 40 years ago. Making it possible for me to have my one wish "Napoleonis" which I wasn't able to buy because budget was tight.

Posted by Cheerio :: 12:12 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Glitter Words